Monday 9 December 2013

REVIEW: LUSH ULTRABLAND CLEANSER

LUSH_Ultrabland_Facial_Cleanser_1
LUSH_Ultrabland_Facial_Cleanser_2
LUSH_Ultrabland_Facial_Cleanser_3
yeah... I stuck my finger in before I took the photo... oops...
LUSH_Ultrabland_Facial_Cleanser_4


I bought this LUSH Ultrabland Facial Cleanser after a recommendation from a friend, although having read up on it before purchasing it's received mixed reviews. I thought I would give it a go without expecting too much - after all, the cleansing balm of the moment is the Emma Hardie one you won't have failed to have a read a review about. It's alleged to be the cleanser the founders of LUSH swear by, the one they created explicitly for their own use before they put it on sale and is apparently in their top ten best selling products for skin.


Let's gloss over the packaging because LUSH tubs and pots are all pretty standard. The actual product itself is a wax-based cleansing balm that contains different ingredients aimed at balancing the skin whilst cleansing thoroughly. The directions suggest using the product 'a generous amount' but I wouldn't suggest it as the scent is quite waxy and strong - like an unscented candle - which isn't unpleasant but isn't exactly great either (unless, of course, you like that sort of thing).


I massage it across my face in circular motions before removing with a hot, damp flannel. It's OK at taking foundations off, although it's not the best cleanser I've come across for this task, but it's not one for eye make-up so I would strongly recommend a separate eye make-up remover. If you're wearing a lot of make-up though - night out type cosmetics for example - you'll definitely need to double cleanse.


I always follow a cleanse with Ultrabland with a quick sweep of a toner on a cotton pad because, although my skin is left very plump and soft, I still feel like there's some kind of residue left. No matter how much I rinse my face afterwards I'm left with this feeling so it's not just my laziness that's causing the residue left behind.


As a face mask, which is when I leave the cleanser on for 15+ minutes before massaging and removing, I didn't notice much of a difference to be honest. It remains tacky whilst it's on and attracts any loose hairs into getting caught it it which isn't great. To be honest I wouldn't recommend using it this way but that's just my personal opinion.


I do really like this product but if I'm in a rush or I'm feeling particularly lazy then it can be a faff. I would repurchase it because I do feel like my skin has improved slightly since I began using it regularly in the evenings (when I have the time to mess about) and would definitely rate it above other 'balm cleansers' that are in the same price range. All in all I think it's a product that you have to try for yourself.


LUSH Ultrabland Facial Cleanser (RRP £6.95 45g/RRP £10.95 100g) is available from LUSH stores and LUSH online. You can find more information on LUSH products, competitions and events on any of the following social platforms: Twitter; Facebook; Tumblr; YouTube.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely post! that's why it is good to try everything before deciding if you like/hate it ^^

    If you love lush then you can check out my review of the golden wonder bath bomb, would love to know what you think :)

    zara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'll definitely check out your post. Thanks for commenting! xxx

      Delete
  2. This sounds like something I should try! I reacted horrifically to the Emma Hardie :(

    Danniella x | Famous in Japan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I love Emma Hardie so much! Definitely give this a go and let me know what you think when you do! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. thanks for the review ive been wanting to try this for a while as ive heard good things about it x

    www.tillylions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - let me know what you think if you try it out yourself! xxx

      Delete
  4. This is my all time favourite cleanser, love it so much!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried this before but somehow didn't like the texture and I had a hard time washing it off :(

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it leaves a bit of a residue if you don't scrub it off and the texture can be off-putting! xxx

      Delete
  6. I use this cleanser and then i was recommened in store to use the eau roma water (toner) instead of water and its working OK so far but might start washing with water THEN using the toner as it never seems to be fully off my face:(!
    Will be doing a review of both products soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.