Monday 25 November 2013

WEEKLY GOALS #3

Weekly_Goals


LAST WEEK'S GOALS...
I haven't been so good at keeping up with my goals this week. I've slacked off a lot in fact. I didn't get round to making soup in the end as I ended up having a busy and distracting week that had me reaching for whatever was easiest to cook in the freezer which explains why I haven't been eating healthily and getting my diet sorted at all. I failed on both of those goals but I'm still aiming to achieve them. My skin has been looking better though since I started avoided refined sugars and completely kicking any dairy out of my diet. I was eating at strange hours too so the routine was none-existent. Miserable fail there. I did manage to buy one Christmas gift but the three I was aiming for didn't happen - I simply didn't have time. And the #bbloggers chat? As usual I completely forgot.


So that would be 0/5 for last week. Oh dear. Never mind.


Onto this week's 5 then...


1. GET MY ROOTS SORTED
I have a serious root problem at the moment. I've been telling people that my ombre starts a lot higher than most people's but to be honest it just looks a mess. A few months ago I dyed my hair a couple of shades lighter (it was summer and all...) but the darker part is showing through. It needs covering and fast.


2. LIST THREE DIFFERENT THINGS THAT I LIKE ABOUT MYSELF EVERY SINGLE DAY
I recently had a photo-shoot and as I sat and judged the images they'd taken I became overly critical - to the point where I wanted to cry. There was only one image in twenty-something presented to me that I actually liked. After some serious talking to some very good friends I went into deep thought and realised that I am far to self-critical sometimes. 


3. KEEP THE HOUSE TIDY AND MESS-FREE
I started watching Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners on Channel 4 recently and some of the houses on there are disgusting. I wanted to be sick when I saw a few of them. Whilst my home is nowhere near the kind of houses on that show (yet not as clean as the houses of the OCD that are featured either) it makes me wonder what other's would think if they stepped through the door. I decided I would try and do a little bit of cleaning every day to make sure that I don't have to worry when people come to visit.


4. START LAUGHING SOME MORE
Recently I haven't had time to laugh a lot. That sounds strange but I've been very much wrapped up in my own thoughts so I'm either taking things that are meant to be light hearted very cynically or simply giving one of those 'snorts' people make when they're half listening before wandering off. I want to laugh really loudly again and forget the thoughts in my head.


5. SPEND MORE TIME WITH THE CAT
This may seem like a strange goal as I see the cat every single day but since my other cat died Minnie has become extremely clingy and I have a tendency to think she is in the way a lot. She's very much my boyfriend's pet and tends to make a lot of fuss over him. I really need to make a fuss over the cat every single day and make sure she knows I love her too.


Do you have any goals for this week?


2 comments:

  1. I do have goals for next week! When reading your first weekly goals I decided to start doing my own goals to improve myself a bit. Last week was the 1st one I faced my goals, and I managed to get 3/4. This week I got 5 to go. In order to push myself a little bit more, I'm also doing it on my blog, and of course I credited your posts. I can't thank you enough for this initiative!

    About your new goals, apart of providing me some inspiration, it let me know about Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners, it looks so interesting! I think in Spain we don't have this kind of TV show. I've checked some footage on internet and it may be soooo funy (and sometimes gross XD).

    I wish you the best with your goals, keep on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! I think I will start setting myself some goals to give myself a kick up the bum :)

    Danniella Josephine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.