Wednesday 23 October 2013

5 WAYS: BOOST SELF ESTEEM

5_Ways_Boost_Self_Esteem


1. LIST ALL OF THE THINGS THAT YOU LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF
It doesn't have to be everything that you think is attractive about your looks, it could be anything about yourself. Are you funny? Are you smart? Are you a great blogger? Are you a bargain hunter? Do you have a great eye for style? Whatever you're happy with about yourself: write it down, put it somewhere easy to reach and read it every time you need to give yourself a little boost.


2. PUT ON SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GREAT
According to research most people feel their very best when they're wearing their favourite piece of clothing. Whether that's matching underwear, diamonds, a fantastic dress or just your favourite perfume put it on even when you're just seeing friends or slobbing around the house. You'll feel 110% better about yourself in no time at all.


3. CHALLENGE YOURSELF AND EXPERIENCE NEW THINGS
When you embrace new challenges, make new friends and enhance your life with new experiences it instantly boosts your self esteem. You could take up a new hobby, go to a party by yourself or simply read a book you previously thought would be 'too hard' to get through you're opening your mind to something different and this enhances you as a person making you more rounded and more interesting to know.


4. FORGET THE PAST AND LOOK TO THE FUTURE
Bullied at school? Horrible memories of what an ex said about you? Still cringing at that night you confessed undying love for someone you'd only met in the queue for the club? Forget it all. The past is past and there isn't anything you can do to change it apart from stopping it affecting you in the now and in the future. The future is bright if you want it to be and you can be anyone you want to be in that future.


5. DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS
You are you and you are beautiful as you are. Whilst you can admire other people it's unhealthy to compare yourself to them. Don't ever compare yourself to someone else. You may think they're perfect and everything you aspire to be but you have different, just as beautiful and perfect, qualities that they might not have and that's something to be proud of.


AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE YOU.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely thank you :) I need to follow some of these steps myself.we all need a lil self boost from time to time.
    Another way I like to make myself feel good and boost my confidence is pampering myself with a nice treat from my favourite shop or beauty store or a Lush product so I can have a lovely soak in a nice bath :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all lovely ideas. I actually used to do a few of these before I went to school when I was younger as I used to dread it and they actually do work. I also used to play one of my favourite, upbeat songs whilst I was getting ready as it put me in a more positive mood for the rest of the day.

    samantha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I find it hard not to compare myself to others when I'm feeling low and we all just have to remember we're great as we are, every one of us. Thanks (: xx

    http://mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is a great post. My self esteem has really gone to pot today so it was nice to read something that feels 'encouraging' if you know what I mean?! :)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.