Tuesday 10 September 2013

REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP HONEY BRONZE BRONZING POWDER IN 'FAIR MATTE'

The_Body_Shop_Honey_Bronze_Bronzing_Powder_Matte
The_Body_Shop_Honey_Matte_Bronzer_Fair_Matte_3
The_Body_Shop_Honey_Matte_Bronzer_Fair_Matte_4
The_Body_Shop_Honey_Matte_Bronzer_Fair_Matte_5


The bee is called Bruce... For anyone that wants to know. 

It's been a while since I did Art at school.

I've never really been one of those women that simply has to have a bronzer in her makeup bag. My heart belongs to blush and that's probably where it'll always stay. That being said, The Body Shop have managed to sneak into my make-up routine with their Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder.


I used to only use bronzer on 'fat' days when I felt my face needed a contour but I found a lot of the products I tried were very orange, very muddy or just didn't look natural. I tried to use a powder a couple of shades darker than my natural skin tone for a while too but that wasn't working out. Eventually I just gave up looking for the perfect bronzer for me. I took one last shot at Holy Grail with my latest Body Shop order and I'm lucky that it paid off.
The packaging is a simple, light brown and shiny compact (an absolute nightmare to photograph without something reflecting off it) with a good sized mirror inside. Apart from the little honey comb pattern embossed onto it it really does feel 'no frills'. It's sturdy enough to throw about a bit but I haven't deliberately dropped it onto the floor just in case it smashes (as powders of mine tend to do).
It comes in four shades: Light, Fair (the one I have), Medium and Dark. These are fab if you're pale because you really can't get it looking 'too much' unless you deliberately pile it on.


The powder is really fine, easy to apply and definitely easy to blend. Being matte it looks more natural than anything with shimmer in it. That being said, I did find a few little glitter particles in this when I first opened it. I couldn't decide whether they were there by accident or part of the product but now, having used it a lot since it was purchased, it's safe to say they weren't meant to be in there. 

I sweep it across the high points of my face for a really subtle touch of 'tan' or under the cheekbones (fish face at the ready) for a more contoured look.

The Body Shop have enriched this Bronzing Powder with honey too - which comes from Bezamar in Ethiopia and keeps in with the Fair Trade philosophy the brand are so strongly for. As with all The Body Shop products it's not tested on animals and contains only vegetarian ingredients. 
I've only had it in my possession for a couple of weeks but I already can't live without it. Holy Grail? For the fair skinned among us, quite possibly...


The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder in 'Fair Matte' RRP £13.00 is available from The Body Shop stores as well as The Body Shop online. You can follow The Body Shop on Twitter and Facebook for news, product launches, discounts and other information.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great, i love the colour.

    Liza | Glambeautys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really subtle but a great choice for anyone that isn't really tanned already! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.