Thursday 26 September 2013

REVIEW: EBAY 88 EYESHADOW PALETTE

eBay_88_Palette
eBay_88_Palette_2
eBay_88_Palette_3
eBay_88_Palette_4


I bought this palette from eBay on a whim. To be honest I just wanted something to play with so that I could use my 'better quality' eye shadows for when I'd really got a 'look' down. I was pretty surprised that this palette is actually not what I expected it to be and I really really rate it.


The packaging is nothing to write home about: plain, shiny black, easily breakable and not particularly travel-friendly. It looks and feels cheap but then from eBay it's all you can expect. Inside the lid there's a small mirror and two double-ended sponge applicators (obligatory but unnecessary).


There are 88 small pans of eye shadow in this palette, ranging from matte black to pearl whites. It incorporates all of the neutral shades I could possibly want but also has some more daring colours like plums and blues as well.


I've found the texture of the eye shadows to be really smooth. The shimmers aren't full of large glitter particles - they're all reasonably milled with an average level of pigmentation as you can see from the random swatches I did above. Even the matte shades are good (as everyone knows - matte shades are often the weakest components of any palette). The shadows are slightly harder to blend than I've found before although I'm not sure why in all honesty. They do tend to crease badly without a primer but their wear time is acceptable: around 5 hours without a primer and 7 hours with one. I get the impression that the ingredients probably won't the best in the world (although it doesn't come with any form of ingredients list that I can see) so these are best left well alone if you're known to suffer from sensitive eyes or if you think they're unsafe. I haven't had any reactions from them but it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to makeup like this.


I paid £4.99 for this palette and I'm really glad I did. I've used it quite a bit since it arrived (and delivery was super quick) so I feel like it's definitely something worth getting if you want to experiment with your looks a bit more. 


It would make the perfect gift for a teenager just getting into makeup or for someone that wants to experiment before purchasing similar shades from more established or higher-end brands. There are definitely some dupes in this palette for the more popular MAC shades that I feel like I should invest in when I get the chance!


This eBay 88 Palette was £4.99 and the seller that I bought it from is British based with a great rating so I highly recommend you buy it from here if you're thinking of spending. 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh! Thats alot of shadows for £4.99. I mostly use neutral colours and think I'd get alot of wear out of them. I have added this to my Ebay wishlist
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.