Saturday 28 September 2013

REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP HONEYMANIA SHOWER GEL

Honeymania_Shower_Gel_2
Honeymania_Shower_Gel


I rarely review shower gels. There are so many and they all do more or less the same thing, don't they? Still, with the hype surrounding The Body Shop's Honeymania launch I dipped my toe into the collection with this Honeymania Shower Gel and thought I'd write a little something about it.


Firstly this is a soap-free shower gel which is really kind to the skin and doesn't dry it out at all whilst still foaming up to give a lovely lather. I tend to steer clear of 'gels', reaching instead for shower creams, predominately because they cause my skin to itch but I didn't find I had any issues with this at all. A little goes a long way and, when I use my bath lotus (scrubby-thing/whatever it's called), it goes even further.


It's not the typical honey scent I was expecting - it's not sickly sweet nor does it smell synthetic. It's subtle and slightly floral whilst remaining really fresh. 


My usual choices of fragrance when using shower products are the creamier or foodier end of the spectrum: vanillas and cherries, perhaps a little bit of spice around Christmas. This is definitely a great scent though and it lingers on the skin even after the suds have swirled down the drain. The price scares me a little bit - I don't think I've ever paid more than £1 for a shower cleanser in my entire adult life (I tend to just get what's on offer in all honesty) but I will repurchase this as a treat to myself from time to time in the future. 


The Body Shop Honeymania Shower Gel (RRP £4.00) is available from The Body Shop stores across the UK as well as The Body Shop online. The website always has great offers on with varying discounts or free delivery so make sure you take a look at that to get the best deal. You can also follow The Body Shop on Twitter and Facebook for news, new launches, product information and competitions. 

2 comments:

  1. I've got a review of this coming up - I don't often review shower gels but just had to do this one because I was so disappointed with the scent :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - did you not like it at all? I will definitely be reading your review! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.