Monday 30 September 2013

REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP ABSINTHE PURIFYING HAND CREAM

The_Body_Shop_Absinthe_Purifying_Hand_Cream
The_Body_Shop_Absinthe_Purifying_Hand_Cream_2


I've never used a hand cream as much as I've used this one. As usual, The Body Shop comes out on top.


I do like a good hand cream but I've never used one up before; tubes tend to get strewn across the house or left in handbags instead of making it into an empties videos. However, this Purifying Absinthe Hand Cream from The Body Shop has no only managed to get almost completely used up but has also made it into the realms of 'repurchase'.


I find the formula very light, non-greasy and non-oily whilst being really quick to sink in and smoothing on my hands. 


It's an instant hit of hydration but it doesn't leave my hands so soft that I can't grip anything. The scent is really fresh and refreshing, akin to mint but but a little less sweet, perhaps a little grass-scented or even woody. I've noticed that this scent absorbs any nasty smells too so if I've been chopping onions or crushing garlic for ingredients for dinner I know the scent won't linger after I've washed my hands as it has done before.


I highly recommend it for anyone that doesn't like really heavy hand creams or tends to get nasty smells lingering on their fingers. This would be perfect for smokers to be honest, or people that work in catering.


The Body Shop Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream (RRP £5.00) is available from The Body Shop stores across the UK as well as The Body Shop online. You can follow The Body Shop on Twitter and Facebook, as well as YouTube for information, product launches, competitions and more.

7 comments:

  1. I have a new tube ready for work tonight! I'm so excited to crack open a new bottle!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it - and I always get excited when I get to open new products! xxx

      Delete
  2. I had a voucher for a free 30ml hand cream and I got the almond one! Kind of wish I'd gone for absinthe now!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good voucher to have! The almond is still good but I definitely love this one more! xxx

      Delete
  3. I really don't like the hand cream from The Body Shop, something about the texture really puts me off x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this sounds fab, I really need to have a good browse in The Body Shop, it's been ages since I've been in!
    I love the fact that it absorbs smells off your hands - always useful! :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using handcream & its a must for me as my hands are so dry. I always carry one in my handbag.
    This one sounds great, I hate greasy handcream too. Sounds like a handcream I need to check out
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.