Monday 2 September 2013

MY MOST WORN LIPSTICKS OF 2013 SO FAR

Most_Worn_Lip_Products_2013 (4)
Most_Worn_Lip_Products_2013 (2)
Most_Worn_Lip_Products_2013
Most_Worn_Lip_Products_2013 (3)

It would appear I have a real thing for pink by the looks of this post... Oh well - I'm happy with that!

These are my most worn lip colours of 2013 so far... I know we're only in September but I sincerely doubt that these are going to change much before New Year (unless of course another more berry colour steals my heart in the mean time).

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Honey' (RRP £7.99) is my go-to lip colour when I want to look natural. It has a great longevity on my lips, gives a 'my lips but better colour' to them and works really well with any eye shadow combinations I wear. It's almost all used up so when it eventually gives up the ghost I'll be repurchasing instantly.
I won my MAC Lipglass in 'Magnetique' (RRP £14.00) from a giveaway Islay did over a year ago now and I adore it. It's a bright fushia with purple which, whilst sticky, looks amazing with kohled eyes and a little black dress. Sometimes I wear it during the day for a touch of dramatic. Having had a look at MAC online I think this particular shade has been discontinued *sob* but I'm sure there's something similar out there...
For something more nude I use the Estee Lauder Pure Shine Vivid Colour Lipstick in 'Brilliant Bare' (RRP £19.50). I admit that over the summer I haven't really touched it but back in October 2012, right through to March this year, I truly loved it. There's barely any bullet left. I think I used to apply it a little heavily (like Clare said - it looked a bit like 'concealer') but having dug it out of my stash again, applying it more lightly so that it's a sheer wash more than plastered on, it actually looks really pretty.
During the winter/early spring months and now, going into autumn, I'm all about deep berry shades and dark reds. There is no drugstore lipstick better suited to this than the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Liptsick in '107' (RRP £5.49). It's a perfect shade for the colder months, suits all skin tones and, although it's matte (therefore very drying on the lips) it stains so the wear away is even and the longevity is brilliant.
The lipstick I've had the longest love affair with is, of course, my Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick in 476 'Plaza' (RRP £24.00). Do you think it's had enough mentions on this site yet? Genuinely the most beautifully perfect pink I've ever encountered and although it was expensive, for the amount I use it and the enjoyment I get from it, it's worth every penny. A sheer but buildable, moisturising formula in a colour perfect for day or night all wrapped up in chic packaging - what's not to love?
My most recent lipstick purchase has made it into this post purely because I'm obsessed with it. MAC Amplified Creme Sheen Lipstick in 'Chatterbox' (RRP £15.00) has rarely left my lips from the moment I got it home (hello, my preciouusssss). It's such a great medium pink that really flatters my skin tone and makes my teeth look slightly whiter.
Possibly the most sought after lip gloss of the year, NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in 'Beige' (RRP £6.00) is an essential for me. I adore it like I've never adored a lip gloss before. Over nude lips or any pink lip product it gives a glossy (not sticky) but pretty look that really pulls my makeup together. I couldn't be without it now I have it. 
What are your most used lip products of the year so far? Any recommendations for me?

8 comments:

  1. I am really liking the Estee Lauder one, though they are all really pretty xx

    Lots of Love Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous choices, just the shades I wear too! I've been lusting after MAC Chatterbox since forever, I really need to just get it!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the Estee Lauder lipstick, but know what you mean about applying certain nudes a little too heavily. I too used to be a culprit!

    Holly xxx

    www.alongcamehollyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using the kissable balm stain in honey too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rimmel 107 is such a gorgeous shade. I understand why you love it. This is such a nice idea for a post :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh chatterbox is beautiful - I love how bright it is, but still wearable at the same time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I love the revlon kissable balm stain in honey and cherish. they last and I like the minty feel :)
    I hope you wont mind this but I have just started my own beauty blog and you have inspired me to do more posts.if you could follow me that would be great! thank you xx
    http://sassylittlenails37.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great box, I have worn the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey so much because it is such a natural and easy colour to wear x

    Prettylittlefashionista 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.