Thursday 26 September 2013

AMERICAN: MAYBELLINE COLOR TATTOO PURE PIGMENT IN 'FOREST FATALE'

Maybelline_Color_Tattoo_Pure_Pigments_Forest_Fatale
Maybelline_Color_Tattoo_Pure_Pigment_Forest_Fatale_2
Maybelline_Color_Tattoo_Pure_Pigment_Forest_Fatale_3
Maybelline_Color_Tattoo_Pure_Pigment_Forest_Fatale_4


Whilst we beauty junkies in the UK know and adore the Maybelline Color Tattoos our American sisters have had a new release in the form on these Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments: pigmented powders that claim to stay in place as long as their cream counterparts as well as being super blendable and coming in an even wider range of shades.


I first saw these had been released in a copy of Allure magazine and, to be honest, I was a little bit miffed that they weren't coming to British shores. It really hammered home how the Americas do tend to get the better deal when it comes to the drugstore products. Luckily for me there was this beautiful little pot in the drugstore giveaway that I won. It's taken me some time to get around to reviewing this though as I couldn't make my mind up about it.


The pots for the Pure Pigments are smaller than the Color Tattoos that I already use and the product isn't compacted at all - it's loose and loose powder is dangerous for me to play with when I'm being clumsy (more often than not). The little sifter doesn't allow for much powder to come through unless you really shake the pot up so that's a bonus.


I don't know what I was expecting but the pigmentation is only average for something I would have thought would be really strong. I've got MUA eye shadows that contain more colour to be honest. 


There's a hint of shimmer but for the most part this is just a mossy green loose eye shadow that I haven't quite worked out how to wear yet (it would possibly look good as part of a smoky look). There's a lot of fall out too (this is to be expected from a loose powder product though) on the face so it's best to apply your base after you've put this on your eyes. It's very easy to blend and the intensity is buildable so I'm not completely put off trying other shades if they ever make it to my high street haunts. I don't know if they last 24 hours because I don't wear makeup on my eyes for that length of time (does anyone?) so I can't vouch for that statement but I have found they stay in place really well - about 8 hours - without a primer and would probably last longer with one.


Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments are a US only product at present.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit disappointing which is such a shame as the original Color Tattoos are brilliant - been wearing On and On Bronze all week! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite disappointed to be honest! Oh well! I love that shade - it's a staple! xxx

      Delete
  2. Shame its not too great! I agree that the original colour tattoos are amazing. I love wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to the Metallic Pomegranate shade for autumn. I just thought this would be incredible and unfortunately it was really disappointing! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.