Wednesday 11 September 2013

AMERICAN: MILANI ILLUMINATING FACE POWDER IN '03 BEAUTY'S TOUCH'

Milani_Illuminating_Face_Powder
Milani_Illuminating_Face_Powder_1
Milani_Illuminating_Face_Powder_2
Milani_Illuminating_Face_Powder_Swatch

This is probably one of the prettiest products I've ever come across - just look at that rose pattern. I almost want to leave it untouched for fear of ruining the design.

I love highlighters in any form so when this Milani Illuminating Face Powder dropped into my life I knew it was something I was going to love it from the word 'go'. The packaging is cheap and plastic which is expected from the drugstore but at least it's not the usual black. Gold makes it look slightly more luxe even though it feels rather flimsy and I fear that if my clumsiness gets the better of me than it might break the instant it falls to the floor. I adore the little rose pattern on the pan though - it's so cute and really different to the usual boring hexagonal shapes that most brands go for with mixed colour products like this.
The design of the product aside this is powder and it can be used as a highlight or a blush. It's not particularly finely milled and has a tendency to look really chalky if it's over applied but it blends fairly easily so mistakes aren't hard to rectify. There is a satin sheen to it but there aren't any massive glitter particles or obvious chunks of shimmer.
You can use the colours individually with a small brush or you can swirl them together to make a light peach shade (seen in the swatch above).

I've been using this product purely as a highlight at the moment as, with autumn and winter approaching, I'm using darker shades on my cheeks right now for a 'flushed' look. I do think it'll make a great spring and summer shade for next year though so I will use it as a blush at some point.
Milani products are not currently available in the UK. I've found one online site - Cherry Culture - that ships Milani products internationally but they have a strict shipping policy that you can see here

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and in the swatch! Yes please.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it really is, isn't it? I'm loving it so much right now! xxx

      Delete
  2. This is really pretty, I am not sure I could bring myself to swatch it though xx

    lots of love Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely hard for me to swatch it because I didn't want to ruin the beautiful design! xxx

      Delete
  3. I've wanted this for so long just because of the rose design, but it's actually really pretty swatched, too :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great design - so different to the usual! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.