Wednesday 26 December 2012

REVIEW: URBAN DECAY NAKED BASICS PALETTE

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
left: venus | right: foxy
Photobucket
Photobucket
left: walk of shame | right: naked 2
Photobucket
Photobucket
left: faint | right: crave

To compliment my new Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, my wonderful boyfriend Dave bought me the new Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette for Christmas. I was delirious with excitement when I opened it (although I kind of knew I was getting it because he accidentally left the receipt lying around the spare room...) and I couldn't wait to swatch it and start playing with it. So I didn't wait - hence why there's product already over most of the tin and the pans have been touched. I know bloggers are supposed to wait until all of the photos have been taken but this time I couldn't resist. I will behave myself with the next few products... 

Maybe.

Anyway on with the show... as they say.

It's a small tin, reminiscent of the Naked 2 packaging, but smaller than I thought it was from other blogger's reviews. Does anyone else get that with other products when they see the actual product up close and personal versus edited pictures from the internet? It contains six full size eyeshadows, four of which are exclusive to this palette and brand new shades. With the exception of one of the pans they're all matte (Urban Decay say all six are matte but I personally think there is definitely a subtle shimmer in Venus - or maybe I need my eyes testing?) which is great for someone like me that has semi-hooded eyelids (shimmer and glitter draw attention to this fact so matte is best for my eye shape). 

The usual Urban Decay quality is here: finely milled powders that feel creamy to the touch and blend beautifully. They're cool-toned colours which make them perfect for my skin tone. 


My favourite colours in this palette are definitely Walk Of Shame and Naked 2 as I think that these combined (WOS over the entire lid and Naked 2 in the crease) will become one of my most used eye combinations for a neutral daytime go-to which, with a flick of brown eyeliner and a lengthening mascara, will make for a really naturally pretty look. I will no doubt use of all the colours though as I think that Crave will make the most intense black for any smoky eye. Venus is definitely a highlighter for the inner corners of the eye and the brow-bone.

I feel like I've been neglecting my eyes for all of this time. I openly admitted I never use anything on my eyes in one of my YouTube videos - now it's the complete opposite. It's all thanks to Urban Decay.


The Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette is available from most Urban Decay counters across the country for £20. Alternatively you can find this palette on Urban Decay online, Debenhams online or House of Fraser online.

7 comments:

  1. This looks so good, the size is perfect and the colors are so versatile! And yes, to me "Venus" looks a bit shimmery too! Hope you've had a great boxing day, and a belated Merry Christmas to you!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is currently on offer for £19 on beautybay btw :) Great post, i'm still not sure whether i NEED this in my life, but i would like it ahah :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that crave colour looks stunning

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    katy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mine! :) Just about to do a review on it as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they bring out a shimmer one of these becauae if I do wear eyeshadow that's what I tend to go for although after reading this and essiebutton featured it in a video that I watched earlier I'm pretty tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shades are gorgeous! I think I will have to buy it now x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.