Thursday 27 December 2012

REVIEW: SOAP AND GLORY KICK-ASS CONCEALER THREE PIECE FLAW CAMOUFLAGE KIT

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I've been looking for a new concealer as my Estee Lauder Double Wear is going to be hitting the empties bag at some point in the very near future. I didn't want to spend as much as £20.00, however much I love Estee Lauder, as being unemployed means I am looking for cheaper alternatives in most areas of beauty that I tend to indulge in with higher-end purchasing. I could have reached for the usual suspects from the drugstore - chief among these being the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer that everyone raves about. But then that wouldn't make for a different review/post would it? Not only that - I love love love Soap and Glory products so why wouldn't I want to try something from their makeup range?

I love Soap and Glory products so why wouldn't I want to try something from their makeup range?


I haven't really seen that many reviews on this product rocking about the blogosphere so I took a punt with this product and I think it paid off. The packaging is compact, and actually a compact, which makes it easy to travel with. There are two compartments: one side contains two products, an under-eye corrector and general blemish cover, and the other side contains a translucent pressed powder with a small little spongey-puffy-thing (technical term right there). There is also a small mirror within the packaging too so that you can touch up on the go.

There are two compartments: one side contains two products, an under-eye corrector and general blemish cover, and the other side contains a translucent powder.


I got my concealer in the 'light' shade which is one half of the colour options that were available. I'm reasonably pale - usually the lightest shade in most drugstore ranges but this is a little dark for me. I can wear it under foundation and it works brilliantly. I usually wear my concealer over the top of my base though which means that I may have to change my routine around slightly to incorporate this product.

The pinker pan of product is used to warm up the blue-tones of the under eye area. The lighter more flesh-coloured pan in for concealing red blemishes on the rest of the face. They're both reasonably thick products that are best applied with fingers and patted in to warm it up and make it blend easily. The setting powder looks scarily white but it's actually translucent and sets the concealer into place. I personally probably won't use the setting powder all that much as I like to powder with a different translucent product instead. 

BEFORE CONCEALER:
Photobucket

As you can see from this picture, which - granted - is not the best 'Selfie' that I've ever taken, my bags under my eyes are really prominent. I have really blue-toned areas that do not cover easily and find I have to use a lot of concealer to make these look reduced.

WITH CONCEALER:
Photobucket

Again, sorry for the useless focusing/picture taking... In this picture I'm wearing the under-eye corrector around my eyes and then the blemish concealer on top of that. I think that the look of the blue-toned bags are reduced considerably. I think I need to blend it slightly more and I need to layer a little bit more on to get the bags gone completely but for a small trial I am actually really impressed.

For £10.00 this concealer is half the price of my usual Double Wear and I do think I'll use it all up. I think I need to test it out a little further to see if I will repurchase it when it runs out but for now I'm really happy with my latest base purchase. I think I want to purchase the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks and the Soap and Glory Fabulipstick Powdercoat Matte next as everyone knows I love my lip products.
Soap and Glory have their own website and are available to buy exclusively from Boots online and in-store nationwide. You can also follow Soap and Glory on Facebook and Twitter for updates, competitions and new product launches.

12 comments:

  1. I've looked at this a few times now! And for £10.00 can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll definitely be trying this out!

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    katy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this in the shop but never actually really looked at it! I like the concept it it having three productsin one but it also being travel friendly! My favourite is the collection one- I want to try Bobbi Brown creamy concealer but it's so expensive like your EL one is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good, i really want to try it, so handy as it has 3 products contained in it :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this and really wasn't impressed :(! I would, a million times over, recommend the healthy mix concealer by bourjois! Its amazing, I'd say I like it even more than the Double Wear concealer! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great concealer! I've nearly finished my Collection Lasting Perfection and I'm on the hunt for a new one! Think I might give this a shot!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try this!!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember seeing Zoe from zoella mention this ages ago in a video but forgot about it. Now I really want to get it though as it looks perfect for such a low price. It looks very similair to the Laura mercier concealer kit?xx

    fuchsiaforest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely review. I love Soap and Glory products, but haven't used much of their makeup, this sounds like a great product though. Think I may give it ago. Did it last long?

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have a few of their products but not this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soap and Glory really come out with the most awesome product names! I've always wanted to try the brand, this product looks lovely! I found your blog via Islaay's "favourite bloggers of 2012"! Super cute blog and am now following! :)

    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Write more, thatѕ аll I havе to say.
    Litеrally, it seems as though yοu гelieԁ on
    the vіdeo to makе уour ρoint. You obvіοusly know what youre talking
    about, why waste уour іntelligenсe on juѕt ρosting videos
    tо youг blog when you coulԁ be giving
    uѕ something informative to гead?

    my homеpage; Www.datingadvice4Guys.Org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.