Saturday 22 December 2012

TOOLS: REAL TECHNIQUES BLUSH BRUSH

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I have been lusting after this Real Techniques Blush Brush for months now. Even Dave was sick of hearing about it. It was on every wish list I made and every time I stepped into Boots I was drawn it to, gazing through the plastic box at it's fluffiness and thinking 'One day you will be mine my precioussss...'


OK, maybe not quite like that (or maybe I was... *gollum like stance*) but I wanted this brush. And badly.


So when a package arrive through the post from the very kind and absolutely amazing Islay I (naughtily) opened it before Christmas. There it was - the Real Techniques Blush Brush, in all it's splendor. I immediately text her to convey my gratitude. I was genuinely thrilled.


Photobucket
image taken from google images

'ITS SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!!!!' - guess the film?


Anyway, onto the review. 


The Real Techniques brushes are a line of makeup applicators that come from Samantha Chapman - one half of the 'Pixiwoo' sisters, the YouTube makeup artist sensations with over half a million subscribers. They create tutorials on all things beauty as well as showing everyone how to recreate the latest celebrity style or simply inspiring their viewers into trying new every-day looks. You can find their YouTube here and their blog here.


I already have the Stippling BrushCore Collection and the Starter Set (for eyes). Both of these sets and Stippling Brush now comprise my go-to make-up brushes - so much so that I need to invest in duplicating the ones I own already through fear of wearing them out!


I need to invest in duplicating the brushes that I already own.


The blush brush came in the usual Real Techniques packaging. Firstly the brush head is large but don't let that deter you - it's the perfect size for stroking up and down the cheeks. It's smaller than a kabuki but bigger than a contouring brush so application is even but product can still be built into the desired amount. I am an avid user of blushes and imagine I will own a couple more of these brushes in the foreseeable future. The bristles are genuinely the softest that I have ever personally encountered. It feels like silk brushing against my skin and as anyone that has had the (mis)fortune of coming near me whilst applying my makeup will know I wield it at their faces to make sure I am not just imagining things (Dave avoids me whilst I use this brush now - he once went to the shop covered in pink shimmer because I stroked his face with it).


The brush head is large but don't let that deter you - it's the perfect size for stroking up and down the cheeks.


For £9.99 (available at Boots in store and online) I genuinely want to urge you all to go and get one of these brushes. I was very fortunate and am yet to thank Islay enough for her very generous gift but it will be the best £9.99 you ever spend for your face. Don't wear blusher? That's fine. Use it with your favourite bronzer instead. Honestly lovelies - I can't express enough how much I adore this particular brush.


Honestly - I can't express enough how much I adore this particular brush.

6 comments:

  1. I'm getting this for xmas, woo! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this brush! I use it daily and I'm craving the rest of the RT brushes now!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh completely forgot I was meant to read this ages ago- sorrrrry! Hahaa I'm glad you like it, I thought it was a pretty safe present to go for ahahaa ☺ I use mine for contouring normally and sometimes use it for powder! I like how it's tapered so you can get under the eye! I want to get more too- I think my next purchase from there will be the stippling brush! Thank you for the link too!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this brush so bad!!! Great review!!

    http://reemz-petitebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whereas Hastings has to backtrack on decisions multiplе timeѕ, HBO
    and Time Warner cаn do what you've promised. And fundamentally most of business their net worth. In saying that, if you latch onto the wrong ones, you can claim 14 cents per mile for the 2004 tax year.

    My site: milwaukee internet marketing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a bit loathed to spend that much money on a blush brush up until now, however I recently bought it, and I must say I really like it. Its incredibly soft, and my colour disperses nicely. Great review lovely x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.