Wednesday 12 December 2012

REVIEW: MUA 'THE ARTISTE COLLECTION' MULTI-USE PALETTE AND SWATCHES

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I know, I know lovelies - this MUA 'The Artiste Collection' Multi-Use Palette is no longer new news but I was given it yesterday and I just had to swatch it and share it with you all. Lisa already has one of these palettes and, as there is currently an offer on at Superdrug stores (spend £6 on MUA products get this palette free), she received another so she handed it over to me - and how could I refuse? So thank you very much Lisa. It is really appreciated!


There is currently an offer on at Superdrug stores (spend £6 on MUA products and get this palette free).


The packaging is the traditional MUA fare which is sturdy enough to survive what I will undoubtedly put it through. There is no scent to any of the products so they're good for sensitive skin. It comes with a sponge applicator too. There is a good mix in this palette too - 6 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, 1 bronzer and a highlighter. I like how they have names too - some MUA products don't. I don't know why but I just prefer products that have names (anyone with me?).


There is a good mix in this palette too - 6 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, 1 bronzers and a highlighter.


The eyeshadows are nicely pigmented although there is some product fall-out and the lighter shades are very light. My favourite shades are 'Mocca' and 'Chocolate' though as I think they would make a lovely day-time neutral look. The description for them is 'marbled' but get past the swatch stage and the marbling rubs off leaving just one colour. None of them are overtly shimmery which means they can all be used day or night. With a good primer they'd make an excellent addition to any beauty junkie's collection.


My favourite shades are 'Mocca' and 'Chocolate' as I think they would make a lovely day-time neutral look.


The blushers were the products in this palette that interested me the most to be honest. I do love a good blusher as I think it makes the face look more 'alive'. These too are lovely feminine shades that would work nicely with most looks. I think they're easy to blend too which is always useful. They're not too chalky either. Bronzed is simply far too dark for my lily-white skin tone so I will probably not use this at all. The highlighter is lovely, slightly chalky if anything but that is something I can work with.


I do love a good blusher as I think it makes the face look more 'alive'.


I think that it's a great palette and as a free gift with purchase it's not something that anyone would mind receiving. The FGWP is only available in stores at Superdrug until stocks last. This palette usually costs £6  but at the moment MUA are running a 40% code on their website using the code 'MUA40' for a limited period including a free gift of a nail varnish.


MUA also have a Twitter and Facebook account as you can keep up to date with their latest products and offers.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this! I've been a bit unsure whether I wanna buy this as I've heard mixed reviews! The swatches look good and the pigmentation of the palette is great!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh it looks good, but i'm not sure i'd use those eyeshadow colours much!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got this free from superdrug and i love it!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a nice surprise. I think this palette looks really pretty, but I know I wouldn't use most of the eye colours. The blushes and bronzer look great though.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review :) im a new follower on GFC & hello cotton.. take care x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.