Sunday 9 December 2012

EVENT: FRANCESCO GROUP BIRMINGHAM ACADEMY

The 1st of December saw the meeting of like-minded girls in Birmingham for the Christmas Blogger Meet-Up, organised by the wonderful Hayley from Strangeness and Charm. The lovelies I passed the afternoon with, including Hayley, were:

Photobucket
TOP ROW: Hayley, Jessica. Amy, Gemma
BOTTOM ROW: Char, Chloe, Andy
All images stolen from twitter profile pictures/accounts



Gemma from Buttons Blog - an amazing blogger and all round laugh
Char from T*Rexes and Tiaras - fantastic shoes and amazing style
Jess from Spoilt Face - the most knowledgeable and lovely lady
Andy from Pampered Prince - who we were all excited to meet and has the most amazing skin
Chloe from Unwritten Hollywood - stylish and very sweet
Amy from PYT - amazing hair and a lovely blogger

I couldn't have asked for a better group of bloggers to pass the afternoon with and then, the loveliest of surprises, we were all treated to an amazing experience at the Francesco Group Hairdressing Academy in Birmingham.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
some images taken from here

I have issues when it comes to hairdressers - it takes me years to build up my trust in one (long story short - one made me look like a boy when I was a teenager and I am yet to get over it fully). It also takes me a long time to decide whether they are worth their money or not. I'm not a snob or a particularly skinflintish (is that even a word?) person but I like to know I am paying for comfort, style and, above all else, the confidence that comes with a freshly cut 'do - you know the kind, the kind that makes you feel like you can take on the world. The kind that makes me feel like I'm blinding people with the shine coming off my hair. The kind that makes my boyfriend go 'WOW' instead of scratching his head and asking if there is something different about me.


I am paying for the comfort, style and, above all else, the confidence that comes with a freshly cut 'do... The kind that makes me feel like I'm blinding people with the shine coming off my hair.


As soon as we stepped through the door we were welcomed with big smiles and an introduction to the staff. This is an academy and therefore, as well as fully qualified stylists, there are student hairdressers and trainees that are being mentored. I've used Francesco Group before as there is one in my home town. I loved the experience of using them and the stylist was lovely but as soon as my father stopped paying for me to get my hair-cut it became a little pricey.


As soon as we stepped through the door we were welcomed with big smiles and an introduction to the staff.


We were all sat down and the charmingly lovely Sunny, the PR for our Francesco Group experience, greeted us individually whilst we were asked if we'd like a drink. There was an array on offer - from mineral water to tea and coffee, even sparkling wine and champagne (which I jumped at the chance to sip - what girl doesn't like the whole pampering experience? Bubbly and all?).


What girl doesn't like the whole pampering experience? Bubbly and all?


We were then whisked away for a hair wash before everyone was blow-dried and straightened, tongued or roller-ed into sheer hair perfection. I found it easy to talk to my stylist, chatting away merrily, wine glass in hand, as she made my hair look celebrity-worthy.


My stylist made my hair look celebrity-worthy.


When I rejoined the chairs I was rather struck by the friendly and flattering manner in which the Managing Director of this fast expanding salon franchise, Ben Dellicompagni, walked into his latest salon and introduced himself, offering more Cava and chatting to us like we were VIPs.


All in all I was very impressed with this salon - especially as I have a fraught history with hairdressers. I can't recommend it highly enough in fact. If I lived nearer Birmingham then I would definitely be making it my go-to salon. Prices are modest, low enough that even a cash-strapped Uni student wouldn't have problems paying (prices range from £10 - £30), but the level of service is something that you will only find in the high-end salons.


Prices are modest, low enough that even a cash-strapped Uni student wouldn't have problems paying, but the level of service is something that you will only find in high-end salons.


As you've probably guessed I really enjoyed my experience. Thank you to Sunny and the Francesco Group Academy Birmingham team as well as Hayley for organizing the overall day. I enjoyed myself immensely.


You can find the Francesco Group Hairdressing Academy on Twitter, on their website or simply look at the map below and go in and make an appointment.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds so fun, i love a good hair cut and being spoilt and pampered :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post hunni, I am yet to do mine but I just loved it there so much and was great to meet all you lovely bloggers :)Bring on January :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh love this. my hairdresser doesnt look very happy. lol
    lovely post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had one of these near me, it looks great! The prices are really reasonable too! That reminds me- I need to go to the hairdressers and get my centre parting actually cut in- it's still all funny from where I snipped a couple of clumps of hair off from the front a couple of weeks ago!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was so lovely to meet you! Thank you for the mention and lovely comments :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.