Saturday 13 October 2012

REVIEW: GARNIER BODY REPAIR ANTI-DRYNESS RESTORING MOISTURISER FOR EXTRA DRY SKIN




I suffer with extremely dry skin on my body. I don't know why but ever since I have been little I have been really dry - especially on my legs. In winter the problem worsens. The differences in heat - going from a central heated home to the cold outside and then back into the warmth somewhere else - makes my skin go crazy and refuse to play ball.


Living with skin like this is a nightmare. My skin cracks on my shins, itches like nothing I've ever felt before and tightens. I have scratched myself to the point where I have made myself bleed. I have constantly got scratch marks on my legs and arms and chest. I was crying about a few weeks ago. I couldn't deal with it anymore.


Then, when doing our weekly shop in Tesco last week, I happened across this bottle of Garnier Body Repair Anti-Dryness Restoring Moisturiser for Extra Dry Skin. It was on offer - reduced from £5.00 to £2.50. Regardless of my spending ban I bought it. I've never found anything for extra dry skin before. I could go to the doctors I suppose but the prescription charges are usually more than a good moisturiser costs anyway so what would be the point in that? Plus, I don't like the idea of putting steroids of any description near my body.


I've been using this moisturiser for nearly a week now and so far SO AMAZING. 


Whereas other body butters and moisturisers work fine for the rest of my body for a certain length of time this works all of the time to nourish my skin, relieve all that tightness and, especially on my legs, I don't feel the need to scratch. My last scratching session, the night before I bought this home, left some serious scratch marks on my shins. They haven't disappeared yet but they have reduced in redness and I have been able to leave them well alone - even when they scabbed over (even more itchiness!).


There is no discernible scent, the light formula sinks in really quickly, leaves skin supple and soft and really does moisturise. This is my holy grail for dry body skin.  I will be repurchasing this, even at full price, and won't be living my life without it again.


Garnier Body Repair Anti-Dryness Restoring Moisturiser for Extra Dry Skin is available at most drugstores and supermarkets across the UK. RRP: £5.00

3 comments:

  1. I have such dry skin on my legs in the winter. Not many lotions do anything for it. This sounds really moisturising. I am currently using the Garnier Body Tonic and its working quite well for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing, i suffer from bad eczema, so this might help that, hmm i must check it out!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Garnier products, great review and I'm glad it's working for you! Can be difficult to find the perfect product when you have skin problems!

    LIQUORICE Blog

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.