Saturday 25 August 2012

REVIEW: SOAP & GLORY THE FIRMINATOR AND SIT TIGHT









I’m a massive Soap & Glory fan so when I discovered these ‘miracle’ products on the shelf I simply couldn’t resist them. I didn’t bother to read the reviews and I didn’t think twice. I paid the price and walked out of Boots with the very happy feeling. I am incredibly idle when it comes to exercise so I love finding products that promise gym-like results without having to go to a gym.


SIT TIGHT SIT ACTIVATED SPECIAL LOWER BODY FORMULA £14.00
THEY SAY: Every morning knead a generous layer of Sit Tight onto your bottom and thighs, to set up the Sit Tight Pressocapsular-Firm-System. Allow it to absorb for at least 30-60 seconds before putting clothing over the top. [You may feel a heating sensation for several minutes, but please note: Sit Tight’s active system is more effective when you sit down.]


I SAY: I’ve been using the product for a long time now and there isn’t that much of a visible difference to my bottom or thighs. Saying this, my job requires that I stand up constantly so this may be hindering any results. The texture is quite thick so it takes a lot of rubbing into the skin to fully absorb. It has a slightly floral scent but not the usual Soap & Glory smell that you get from their other products. The heating sensation can be quite uncomfortable, especially as it tingles at the same time, and on a hot day is almost a burning feeling. It’s a product that I personally won’t be repurchasing as body brushing on a daily basis probably renders similar results.


THE FIRMINATOR ALL-OVER INTENSIVE BODY CONTOURING GEL
THEY SAY: Tight Genes? Want to look like your were born with them? Twice a day massage The Firminator onto any area of the body that – left to its own devices – lacks an acceptable level of lift or lean. After 56 days, you may not believe your thighs (or your arms or your abs).


I SAY: The fancy packaging that this tube came in shows how you the fat molecules in the areas where this product is used shrink by quite a large amount but so far this product has done nothing that a decent diet and regular walks in the fresh air haven’t done. On application this is a thick gel that sinks in easily but leaves the skin tingling and slightly cool. It has a lovely peppermint scent  It doesn’t tighten abs at all – I have the belly to prove it! This product was, for me, a completely waste of money.



All in all I really was disappointed with these purchases. Soap & Glory are usually such a fantastically brilliant brand but for me these two products are not worth their price tags. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone although there are lots of people that love these products and probably would. I personally think there are probably cheaper or even free alternatives to what these products are promising as their results.



Have you tried these Soap & Glory products?
What do you think of them?
Let me know - all comments loved and appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. I love soap and glory! I've tried one product and I was addicted to it. <3
    Thanks for the post

    xoxo Thania
    juicydaily.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just gonna be all girly here and say I'm just in deep deep like with their packages above everything else hehe


    x Joanna @ The Treasure Chest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Soap & Glory packaging is really lovely - it's just a shame these two products didn't work! :) xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.