Wednesday 29 August 2012

REVIEW: FANNY & CLAUDE'S FABULOUS CONCOCTIONS




Fanny & Claude’s Fabulous Concoctions is a British brand, based in Lancashire, that I stumbled over a few Christmases ago when I was given some of their soap and bath crystals as a gift. Since then I have regularly repurchased from this brand. The packaging is vintage inspired with cute prints, easy to read fonts and black and white 50s style images. All of the products are handmade and reasonably priced whilst being natural (no harmful chemical cocktails here) and use essential oils to make everything smell great. Here are the ones that I currently have at home and use on a regular basis.


ROSEMARY & JUNIPER FOOT CREAM - £6.95


THEY SAY: “Why not indulge your feet (or someone else’s) to a bit of TLC. Our feet work pretty hard for us and tend not to get the attention they deserve. So make a stand (excuse the pun) and treat your feet!”


I SAY: This is great if you’re planning to smoother your feet before putting them up and relaxing on the sofa. It may say Rosemary & Juniper but I find it has a slight peppermint scent too. It’s a thick cream that soaks into the skin very easily although I am left feeling ever-so-slightly greasy for about five minutes afterwards. I can live with that though. It leaves my feet super soft but for those that have really hard skin on their soles I wouldn’t bother trying to use this to soften that kind of problem – it’s probably better to use a pumice stone or foot file first.


VINTAGE ROSE GERANIUM SHEA BODY BUTTER - £8.95


THEY SAY: “This rich Butter is packed with gentle and effective Shea Butter and its sweet floral scent is reminiscent of tropical evenings (I wish!) With added Avocado Oil, rich in vitamins, it will soon become a ‘must have’ for all over moisturising.”


I SAY: It’s a very thick but smooth so a little goes a long way. It soaks into my skin quickly and makes my skin feel very soft and hydrated. The fragrance isn’t too over-powering either so perfume can be sprayed over it without the scents clashing. It’s lovely for an indulgent afternoon but I feel there are similar products on the market for a slightly cheaper price.


I can’t wait to try other products in this range as I really like Fanny & Claude’s Fabulous Concoctions. You can find their website at www.fannyandclaude.co.uk so please do check them out.



Have you tried any of the products in the Fanny & Claude's Fabulous Concoctions range?
What do you think of their products?
Let me know - all comments loved and appreciated!

8 comments:

  1. They look so cute, even with just the packaging! I have to get myself some my their products just reading about them they sound amazing :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very luck to have a stockist in my home town but this brand make so many different products to the one's I can get my hands on! Have fun with them when you get them! xxx

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this brand, so thank you for the introduction : ) I am so shallow that i buy things mostly if i'm in love with the packaging of a product, and these products have such cute packaging! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean - the packaging is the deal maker for me too :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this brand but it looks great!
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a UK brand from Lancashire - I wish it was more readily available everywhere, it's a great brand to have :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I've tried these products before, they're stunning. I had a body moisturiser, which was green tea I think. Lovely scent x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these products - ooh I might have to hunt that one out. Thanks for the tip xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.