Wednesday 29 August 2012

REVIEW: ALBERTO VO5 REVIVE ME DAILY CONDITIONER FOR NORMAL HAIR






My friend passed this on to me as she had bought it but decided that she didn't especially find it did anything to her hair. Her hair is very fine and she told me she found that this formula weighed her hair down. This Alberto V05 Revive Me Daily Conditioner for Normal Hair (£1.99) is not something that I would use normally as I have thick curly hair which is coloured. I tend to use frizz fighters or damage controlling conditioners instead as I've always thought that those types were the best for my hair.


THEY SAY: "Your hair is as unique as you are and has individual needs. That's why this conditioner has Adaptive Hair Technology (TM) which adjusts giving you the nourishment you need, where you need it. Infused with extract of White Tea, this conditioner will: revive & rejuvenate tired hair, refresh lifeless locks weightlessly [and] be perfect for every day use."


I SAY: This, for my hair type, is useless as a daily conditioner (I don't condition every day normally anyway but after using this for three days straight my hair was left heavy and slightly greasy looking which is the opposite of this conditioner's beauty claim). However, I experimented and used it as a 'deep conditioning' treatment and the results were actually rather good. I used this conditioner once a week for two weeks, leaving it on for 15 minutes at a time whilst I faffed with everything else I do in the shower... It left my hair beautifully shiny and actually defined my curls instead of leaving them the frizzy mess they usually are so that for the first time in a long time I didn't feel like I wanted to straighten my hair straight after it dried.


THE BOYFRIEND VERDICT: He noticed the smell of my hair (lightly floral) for the first time in about six months after I used this (that's why I've included his verdict - he rarely ever comments on anything like this unless it's to say something sarcastic) and asked me if I had been to the salon for "a hair-wash thingy"... Or maybe he was just after something?


Have you used Alberto V05 Revive Me Daily Conditioner before?
What do you think of it?
Let me know - all comments loved and appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE these shampoos and i use the one for damaged hair and it makes my hair look lovely and bouncy :)

    Sophierosehearts, currently having an 100 follower giveaway! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm talking about the conditioner here but I might give the shampoos a go :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Interesting...
    I may just have to pick one up and give it a try...thanks for the post!

    Love the boyfriend verdict..haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might include his verdict more often haha - hope it works well for you :) xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.